21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

NYC Marathon

I never thought I would be the person who voluntarily woke up at 4:45am to commute to Central Park and run 12 miles on a Saturday morning. But this past weekend, and likely most Saturdays for the next three months, that is somehow the person I'll be.

I've registered to run the NYC Marathon with Team For Kids this November 4th. I still kind of can't believe I am doing this.

I've been inspired watching the marathon runners over the past few years. But I honestly never thought I would be disciplined enough to do it. And I'm still probably not disciplined enough on my own, but the accountability of raising support and working with Team For Kids I think will make the difference. 
I already have a lot of nervous energy about doing this; about running, about sleeping, about eating the right foods, about not having my Friday nights anymore (let's be honest, I can't stay up very late if I am getting up so early the next morning), about my knees hurting. But training for and running the Brooklyn Half sort of helped me get past the mental block of TWENTY SIX POINT TWO MILES. Not that I wanted to keep running after finishing the half, but I could see how conceivably someone could. 
Plus, my mom ran a marathon when she was fifty years old, so I really have no excuse.
I've been "officially' training for the past two weeks and there's no turning back now. So, here we go. If you like, head over to my Team For Kids page and find out more about the organization, and how to donate to help me meet the fundraising goal.
[on the sidelines, watching the 2011 NYC Marathon]

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder