23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

and the light is softly low


a few San Francisco thoughts: San Francisco is beautiful. The air is so fresh. I love how close you can be to the beach, to the woods, to the country.
I'm so glad we got to stay in a neighborhood and experience the city more as locals than tourists. Wendy and Brian live right by Mission Dolores Park and we so enjoyed exploring the Mission and eating at the great restaurants (and coffee, and shopping).

There seems to be a lot of great shopping for guys in San Francisco, but not so much for girls. Elliott found new boots, a sweater, and a flannel button down. I found nothing (which let's be honest, is probably okay).

I much prefer Eastern Standard Time. Sorry, West Coast, I just don't like feeling like I'm constantly behind.

While we were shopping at Unionmade, the person helping us said he had lived in New York for a little while. He said, "there is more to do in New York, but the food in San Francisco is better." The New Yorker in me wanted instantly to argue with him, "food better in San Francisco? Please. New York has the best of everything."
But throughout the course of our trip, we may have been convinced. I won't say that the food is necessarily more creative or interesting, but man that fresh California produce really makes a big difference. We ate really well.

Probably the only thing about San Francisco that I don't like is the dressing in layers. You can be on one street shivering cold and walk a block and be sweating in the sun. I'm sure you get used to it, but it's weird.

And finally, the overwhelming feeling I have now that we are back, is that New York is smelly and dirty.


these are some of the places we went (and I would recommend all of them): mission dolores park | general store | outerlands | chez panisse | unionmade | azalea | rich table | craftsman & wolves | muir woods | failla wines | bouchon bakery | mission chinese | tacolicious | voyager | four barrel | locanda | bi-rite market


ps: and now, finally, Elliott has been to California!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder