23 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

Brooklyn Half Marathon

To contact us Click HERE
[picture via Julie J.]
This past Saturday, I ran the Brooklyn Half Marathon (13.1 miles!). I have been "training" for the past 3 months (if I'm being honest, I was not the most disciplined). I managed to finish the race, with a pace of about 10 1/2 minutes per mile.  My posted time was a bit slower than that, as I took a bathroom break near the beginning of the race and ended up waiting way too long in line (probably 7 minutes! I was panicking.). Next time I will know to not drink much water the morning of the race. There was plenty of water along the way.

I keep saying next time as if I'm going to do this again? Maybe I will. I realized while training that the longer runs felt a lot better than I thought they would. You sort of reach a point, a couple of miles in, when you are on auto pilot. I couldn't believe it the first time I ran 8 miles in training, but it just sort of happens. My only physical complaint during and after the race was my knees. Super sore knees.

The best part of this race is that it ends on the Coney Island boardwalk. Dipping my toes in the freezing cold ocean after running 13 miles was pretty much perfect.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder